Tuesday, October 18, 2005

More Art Harvest

When we left Mike Santone's it was really raining. Kathy Thompson makes mosaics in her barn/studio, which is just across the drive from her luscious garden. By now the earlier latte was causing some discomfort and the rain was really just coming down, so we decided Kathy was the end of our tour.


We headed for the little town of Carlton (which, BTW, is featured in this month's Sunset Magazine) and made a stop at Late Bloomers Quilt Shop, as much to use their restroom as to shop. I like the Late Bloomers pig. I did come home with a couple of pieces of fabric--it seemed like the right thing to do.

It is great to see what other artists are up to and I always get inspired. I am very jealous of the beautiful studios I saw. My little spare bedroom studio is a hovel.

No comments:

Post a Comment