Friday, March 28, 2008

501

My last post about the movie and the typeface Helvetica was my 500th blog entry. That number sort of blows my mind. Who'd a thunk I had that much to say?

Several months ago I had a thought that I might take a break from the blog for a month or so as we worked on the house. But it seemed like if I took a break I might never come back. Don't ask me why I felt that. It just seemed liked either I do it or I don't. So for the forseeable future I am doing it.

That 500th post about Helvetica surprised me. Lots of interesting comments and a few from people I'd never heard from before. One very nice discovery—the blog of susanb, who left a comment. (Take a few seconds and go look. Does she make great stuff, or what?) When my friend, Beth, and I walked yesterday she said she almost left a comment confirming my suspicion that some readers might grow bored, nod off and bang their heads on their keyboards as a result of the topic. Typography is an acquired taste. She was going to write that she had imbedded keyboard impressions in her forehead. Beth never leaves a comment on the blog, but instead tells me the next day what her comment would have been! (news flash—Just to prove me wrong, I guess, Beth just left her comment on the last post)

It is a quiet morning around here. March 28, 2008. My 501st blog post. Ray reads the paper and I am at the computer.

And it is snowing. All over the daffodils and the camellias and the lilac buds.


Go figure. Every day brings a new surprise. Thanks for reading.

8 comments:

  1. Can you believe this wacky weather. It's 'snaining' now - has been all day. I worry about the hummingbirds!
    Happy Blog-a-versary.... it's truly opened up many new horizons and made many new friends for me. You just have to love blogging and the internet !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:07 PM

    Really enjoy reading your blog, so glad you've decided to continue posting! Best of luck with the work on the new house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your creativity, life, and adorable grandbaby. This snow stuff has got to stop! Happy anniversary. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you are continuing to blog. I would miss reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:18 AM

    Dear heart, you don't look a day over 499. Keep sharing yourself, your exquisite handicrafts, and your lovely family with us! It's been a joy to get to know you. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one looking at a snowy landscape right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for mentioning me in your 501st blog! You were the first fiberarts blogger I became aware of that was in my generation---your blog prompted me to blog about my work. So thank you for that and for the peek into your creative world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, congrats, 500 is quite a milestone! so glad you are continuing, I enjoy the fact that you have well thought out opinions about many things that we share a mutual interest in, and are not afraid to voice them! I enjoy the way you balance your blog between family, creativity, general knowledge, travel etc, it is always a nice surprise to visit and catch up on your recent posts.

    ReplyDelete