Thursday, March 13, 2008

Fiberart For a Cause

click graphic for the Reverse Auction web site
I am really pleased to be a part of this year's Reverse Auction Fundraiser for Fiberart For a Cause. FFAC founder, Virginia Spiegal, asked me if I would be willing to participate this year and I jumped at the chance. She has donated more than $140,000 to The American Cancer Society for cancer research through her fundraising efforts. I have donated one of my favorite pieces of fabric art to be auctioned this year. There are wonderful pieces from other artists as well. I hope you will click on over to the site and check them out. Spread the word! Let your friends know about this great opportunity to support cancer research by adding a stunning artwork to their lives.
Ten years ago my wonderful father died of pancreatic cancer. It is one of the most deadly cancers and strikes unexpectedly, with no symptoms until it is too late to treat it. He lived less than 5 months after his diagnosis. My mother survived breast cancer, but it impacted her health and quality of life dramatically and may have contributed to her death just 5 months after my father's. I feel I lost them both far too soon and I miss them every day. I am always glad to do whatever I can to help raise funds for cancer research.
P.S. This entry is dated March 13, as Gale observed. I purposely postdated it so that it will stay at the top of my blog until the end of the reverse auction.

3 comments:

  1. Your blog is dated Thursday, March 13. As far as I know, it's Saturday, February 23.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Terry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so pleased to see that you are part of the Reverse Auction!

    ReplyDelete