Sunday, January 04, 2009

Good Stuff in the Mail

Last week I got a copy of this Australian Quilting magazine in the mail from Brenda Smith, a fellow member of the 12 x 12 group.

Inside is an article about our 12 x 12 international challenge project. Illustrating the article is one of Brenda's quilts, a quilt by our other Australian member, Kirsty and my "chocolate" theme piece! What a nice surprise. I think this counts as my first piece published outside the U.S.

So nice of Brenda to send a copy!
.........................................................
Several weeks ago I got this box of goodies in the mail.

This is something really special. So special that for more than a year I could refer to it only as the "super secret project"! Way back in 2007 I was invited to contribute some work to a book being written by Jane Davila and Elin Waterston. I felt so flattered to be asked and then so excited about the book once I got my "instructions" that it has been hard to keep it a secret. But now we can talk about it because the book will be released this month. I can hardly wait to see it! The contents of the box include a couple of the pieces that I made, as well as "swap" pieces made for the book by other artists and two small pieces made by Jane and Elin as thank yous for participating. Once the book is actually out, I will show you more detail, but I can tell you I am in love with everything in that box!

Watch for this book! Published by C&T, due to be released January, 2009. You can preorder autographed copies from Jane or Elin.

.........................................................

And finally—this is more of a virtual mail thing—hop on over to the 12 x 12 blog and download a copy of a 2009 calendar with our latest challenge pieces on it. Brenda put the calendar together and we are offering it to our blog readers as a thank you for your support and wonderful comments. You can't imagine how thrilled we are to read those comments when our new challenges are revealed. It is so great that other people are enjoying our work, because we are having a great time making it!

7 comments:

  1. And we *love* everything you contributed to the book. Thank you so much for playing along with us!!

    jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great stuff! Congratulations on being internationally published too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh congratulations! How wonderful - the snippets of the pieces I could see in the photos look really good and the book should be fab. A dynamic start to 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a box of goodies from Jane & Elin, too - and I am so impressed with everyone else's work. What fun!

    You are so luck to have the 12x12 group - I love how differently you all approach the challenges - and they are a delight for the eye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on being published. The 12x12 project is amazing with such a diverse group of women artists. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:07 PM

    Wow! What a way to start your year. And I like your "goals" "resolutions" or just plain old "hopes," too.

    ReplyDelete