Saturday, February 13, 2010

Be My Valentine

My valentines are going out late again this year. The reason I started sending valentines instead of Christmas cards is that I just couldn't get them out before Christmas. Maybe I will start sending Easter cards, now instead of valentines. Ha!

I have been getting all the parts ready and will fold and stuff letters and cards into envelopes tonight while we watch the Olympics or whatever else looks good on TV. So if you are waiting for my valentine, you can expect it next week some time. Sorry. But you know I love you, don't you?


I used a heart design I have used before and updated it. The colors are not so typical for Valentine's Day, but I like that. Those are beads along the top and bottom edges. I love valentines. I love hearts. I send a letter along with my valentines. It is like other peoples' Christmas letters. Boring to some, no doubt, but since this is the only communication I have with some people I like to keep them updated. I thought about adding a picture of Ray and me to the letter, but couldn't find a good one and we were not in the mood to take one today, so I went outside and took a picture of our front door. Just as I was getting ready to snap the picture Grace settled herself in front of the door. I liked that. Then I fiddled with it in Photoshop to give it a more hand-drawn appearance and plopped it into the letter. I hope it says, "Come and see us—you are always welcome."

4 comments:

  1. I do the same thing with Valentines Day Cards... I have done it for about 10 years now and it is such fun. Happy Valentines Day! I posted about my valentines yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did you do in PS to your photo to get that look? A filter or??? I love it and would love to play with something like that for thermofax screens. Thanks for any help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww...
    Why do I notice that the colors in your valentine go very well with the colors in your blog header?

    Thanks for taking me on the walk with you the other day. Flowers?? We still have a couple of feet of snow. You are so right about the trim on those apartments - context is indeed, everything. Like stuff we buy to wear when we are in another country and then it just doesn't work at home. Hangs in closet. Ask me how I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a great picture. I've got to figure out photoshop. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete