Friday, February 26, 2010

Rainy, rainy

This is the view out my front door this morning. It has been raining all night and things just look soggy and drippy and cold out there, so we wimped out of our walk this morning. Normally we walk, rain or shine, but it sure feels good to stay in this morning. Besides it's Friday and we haven't missed a day this week until now. Even with all this rain it seems so Spring-like. I keep seeing Blogging and Facebook friends photos of piles of snow and I feel lucky for the rain and the flowers.
Yesterday on our walk we noticed that the Parks people had been out trimming trees and they hadn't yet been back to gather up their trimmings. Some of them were flowering trees with tight little buds, so we each gathered a few cut branches and brought them home. I put mine in water when I got home yesterday and by afternoon the buds were starting to open.
This is what I'm working on today. I am going to Cleveland, Ohio next week to tape three segments for Quilting Arts TV. One of the things I will be demostrating is making one of my little stuffed birds. So I am making multiples of one bird in different stages of completion to use. I don't think it's any secret that it is done this way. It is like the cooking demo on Martha where she and the guest (let's say Carrie Underwood)  start putting something together, then they switch out one pan of raw onions for one of nicely carmelized onions, then, voila!, the oven door is opened and out comes a fully cooked pork tenderloin smothered in carmelized onions and the studio audience bursts into wild applause! OK, this will be something like that, but with Pokey Bolton, instead of Martha and me instead of Carrie Underwood and no studio audience. Yeah, you're right—it will be nothing like Martha, but everyone who has done this assures me that it is a really fun experience and everyone, especially Pokey, is just great. I'm looking forward to it. Then after the TV stuff is finished, Ray and I will go visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and find out what Cleveland is all about.

So, enough procrastinating on the internet. I have bird parts to make. If I finish later I think I'll go shop for an orange shirt to wear to Cleveland.

10 comments:

  1. Here in Atlanta area we see Quilting Art at 6:00 AM on Sat. mornings. So I tape the programs to enjoy later. I will be looking forward to the ones you are in. Have a good trip and have lots of fun.

    Dot in beautiful NE Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that trip's coming right up! Have they given you instructions about what colors and patterns will work, and not, on TV?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an exciting time for you. You will do wonderfully and you and Ray should have a very good time in Cleveland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you to be on Quilting Arts. Hope you have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those people in Cleveland are so much fun! I had the best time. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to find out how my Joseph bird was made! Will I be able to view the segment after it is taped?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would much rather see you and Pokey than Martha anyway.Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a tremendous time! There is a fabulous shopping mall in Beachwood (where the studio is) with a Nordstrom in it and great places to eat dinner. Take your camera and have it with you at all times to take pictures in the studio - have someone take pictures of you getting ready for your segment. Smile, smile, smile. Have fun in the green room. No one knows more about what you do, than you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, how cool! have a great time. Really enjoyed looking through your blog and work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The rock and roll hall of fame??? I am shocked. Shocked!

    The Cleveland Art Museum would make you much more edified. Whatever was Ray thinking

    ReplyDelete