Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Take a walk

It is so good for stress. Both the walk and the girlfriend energy are the best way I know of starting a busy day. I love walking with my friends. We're old ladies, really, but we think of ourselves as "girlfriends."  We chatter like we did in fourth grade as we walk.

It was very foggy this morning, which makes it kind of creepy cold, but it is silent and mysterious and beautiful in its own way.  Most of our walk is through Greenway Park in Beaverton. It's a nice trail and offers some side trips, some wildlife and we have yet to walk to the end of the trail. I don't know how far it goes.
This morning we happened upon something interesting. Along the side of the trail where there are some thick woods, someone had created a web of blue cording strung between branches of the trees. "Climbing" through the web were two stuffed toy monkeys, posed as if they were playing in the trees. Securely taped to the cording, next to the path was a note, enclosed in clear tape.

Who was this message for? A regular visitor to the park? Children? Estranged friends? A girlfriend/boyfriend, ex-whatever? "I still love you." Hopeful. Mysterious. It makes me want to know the story, but I probably never will.


And another web. Not so myserious, but quite beautiful with its beads of dew.
After the walk I came home and worked all day in the studio. I'm glad so many of you liked my little tutorial. It's a good trick. I am speeding through things and later when I looked at that piece with the viney little plant in the pot I could see my tension in it. Tight, controlled, just really too, too controlled. I tried to loosen up today and I think I succeeded. It is good to have work to do, but not good to be pushing it so hard.

Breathe.

Walk

Walk 

Walk.

I'll be back out there again tomorrow morning.


................................................................

Hey, did you notice the new page links at the top of this page? This is a new Blogger feature and I love it. I have been thinking and thinking about building a web site for my artwork, in addition to this blog, but the thought alone was a little tiring. This just might suffice instead. I have added two new pages. These were done quickly and I plan to put more time and energy into them when other things ease up a bit, but take a look and let me know what you think.

By the way, I just noticed that this is post #888. Inconceivable!

9 comments:

  1. oh you have to keep checking everyday to make sure that sign is still there and the web with the monkeys, maybe you could leave a note asking for the rest of the story!
    LOL
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why not add a baggied sign, "Call me".

    (no, don't add your phone #, just add to the mystery)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Trails to You! Barker is my best walking companion!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s.:love your added features on your blog......especially your writing about yourself!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, I love that little mystery. Conjures up so many stories. Today we are back to rain here in the coastals, but wasn't yesterday gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the stroll along and sharing the pink monkey installation ... what a big smile

    That's a good use of Pages. Especially the one about you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I heard about the blogspot pages, I thought of you. You really need a web presence for your wonderful work and I think this would be a great interim.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope the intended recipient of the monkey scene got the message. It would be great to know the story of this!

    Maybe you could contemplate a website of tutorials for people like me who want to learn but live too far away. There might even be a way to charge for it. Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the extra pages too -- it looks like a great way to have a web site without actually having a web site. Oh, and every time I hear the word "Inconceivable" I immediately hear it in Wallace Shawn's voice.

    ReplyDelete