Sunday, March 14, 2010

Another magazine

Yesterday I got the new copies of Quilting Arts magazine for April/May 2010. It has my newest article in it about reworking an old piece. This started, you may remember, as a series of blog posts last November about reworking my 2007 Journal quilt. The magazine editor saw my blog and asked if I would be interested in writing an article about what I had done. Here is the cover of the issue.

My article starts on two pages that show the original piece on the right-hand page and the reworked piece on the left-hand page.
On the third and fourth pages you can see the fun I had trying out possible new backgrounds.


This is now my third article for Quilting Arts—two for the regular magazine and one for the special edition "Quilt Scene" publication. I also had an article in American Quilter magazine last year. I have discovered that I love doing this! I hope I will be able to continue writing articles. It is a great challenge to try to explain a process or experience in a way that other people can use.

12 comments:

  1. Way t go, Terry. Nice work. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful to see your work in print -- not to mention your name. Back in my work days I was such a byline junkie...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have a real talent for educating those of us who would like to try your techniques, but would otherwise be intimidated. I have so much to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful surprise to find out that you really enjoy writing these kinds of articles. I know I enjoy reading them! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really looking forward to reading it Your color sense is great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Terry! I look forward to reading your article in this upcoming issue. You have such a distinctive and charming style to your work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your article will certainly be very helpful for other quilt artists who are pondering over composition problems. It will encourage them to dare larger operations and cure the patient. It is so essential to see that someone really did it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda Barnwell11:46 PM

    I think you have an amazing ability to pull from both left and right brain - creativity & artistic sensibility as well as organization & clear, concise communication. It's wonderful that you're getting opportunities to share your stuff, and enjoying the process!! (and that we get to follow along)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! I think that your love of doing this shows, you write very well, your artwork is fabulous. Your artistic voice comes thru loud and clear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Without seeing the articles, I am certain that you have found a new avenue for sharing your work. I think it is a perfect match.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just saw the article and remember having followed the saga on your blog some time ago. Isn't it nice to be in print?? Good article, Terry!

    ReplyDelete