Wednesday, July 14, 2010

There's this color...

 Or maybe group of related colors, that I am always drawn to.


Is it green, or is it blue, or is it greenish, blueish, grayish? Maybe dirty turquoise. Maybe a variety of teal, which it seems can be either green or blue. Celadon?  What do you call it?

While I am crazy about warm, rich colors, somehow this group of foggy, cool tones always seems to speak to me. And it always seems the perfect color to pair with my very favorite rich, earthy red.



6 comments:

  1. Complimentary colors. Red and green. Always soothing. My red is blue tinted magenta and my green is a yellow green on the acid side. Those two colors always make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, that's my signature teal green. Although you are right, there are times when it tends to be more teal blue than green. But I do love it, just like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMMM, Celadon for sure. I did ceramics in college and one of my favorite glazes was Celadon. It is a beautiful color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We think alike. Those would be my opposing accent walls on either side of my long kitchen. Great colors which follow me throughout my house too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. verdigris, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Them's my colors, too. But I haven't gotten bold enough, yet, to play them off against (with?) their complements.

    ReplyDelete