Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sweet Marco



Yesterday I watched both of my grandchildren for several hours. It was a bit of a rehearsal for the time, in a few weeks, when my daughter goes back to work and I will be helping with childcare. I spent so much time with Sofia when she was a baby and I know I probably bored a lot of you to death with constant photos and stories about her development. There came a time when I realized my daughter was less and less comfortable with so much exposure and she was right. I have backed off a lot. Yesterday I took several pictures of Marco. He was in such a great mood—well, the truth is, he is nearly always in a good mood. What I call a very "mellow" baby. He is a good sleeper and a sweet cuddler. I look forward to spending the coming winter days with him. I made him laugh yesterday.  Getting a 3-month old baby to laugh involves making silly faces and silly noises and it is totally worth any loss of dignity involved. Infant belly laughs are about the most joy-inducing experiences known to mankind.

8 comments:

  1. For sure!! I was hoping you would have him for show and tell today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great picture, you can see the twinkle in his eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh he definitely is a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three more weeks and I get one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable!! He looks so huggable.
    I always thought women fussing about grandchildren was over the top. Then we got grandchildren. I don't feel that way any more!! It is hard to be around them enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's a sweetheart, all right! Wish I could figure a time when I could get down there and hold that little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great little face! You are so lucky to get to help with childcare.

    ReplyDelete