Friday, April 01, 2011

Tree

I had an idea to use my newly invented squares and circles motif to make a tree. Here is what I have so far. I am kind of pleased at this point. There is much to be added here and I am still puzzling that out. I thought I would just start with a tree and see if I liked the result. I have a fear that it looks like a Christmas tree, which is not my intent. I think the stitching and other stuff I plan to add will take care of that. It is hanging on my design wall for now. I keep going back and squinting at it.

My quilt "Between Mother and Child" was accepted for the "Space Between" exhibit. I struggled mightily with it and became very discouraged with it at one point, so I am happy it was accepted. The list of accepted artists is impressive, including two of my fellow Twelves, Karen Rips and Deborah Boschert. I am in good company!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting your art into the Space Between exhibit. I really like your tree. My initial respose was not Christmas tree, and didn't think so until I read your post. I find it visually interesting and was more interested in seeing the various design elements than looking at it as a tree. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:22 AM

    Your tree is beautiful. It certainly is NOT a Christmas tree. I see it as a "Terry Tree".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tree!!! It is so nice. I love the colors and placement!

    Congratulations on the acceptance of your piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, maybe it is because I live in Bend, but I think it looks somewhat like a Juniper tree except for it's straight trunk. I love Juniper trees they are old soul trees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your Space Between acceptance.

    I do see a Christmas tree in this new piece, but my first thought was -- "oooh, what a cool advent calendar this would make, with baubles to hang on it, or some squares made into pockets!" So, maybe being Christmassy isn't all bad. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't see a Christmas tree, but it could go either way depending on what you surround it with and the embellishments if any. Congrats on being accepted. That's great1

    ReplyDelete