Sunday, April 29, 2012

I took the weekend off

It has been a nice couple of days and I have not been in the studio. I helped my daughter with the Saturday morning swimming lesson routine, then stopped to check out a huge neighborhood yard sale I had noticed earlier on my way to the swim classes. I strolled from yard to yard, purchasing a bag of binder clips for .25 and perusing the books—I have to say I am always rather shocked by the trash people read! I never find good books, except for the time I found the cute little bartenders guide, but I always look. Then I spotted a rug, all folded up on a table full of old sheets and towels and what I could see made my heart skip a beat, so I unfolded it to find a beautiful Mexican Zapotec wool rug. Hand woven. Warm, wonderful colors.

I can't tell you how much this is my kind of thing! (Well, if you have read this blog for long, you already know that.) It was in perfect condition and priced at $9 and I did not think twice. It was mine. As I carried it back to my car a couple of women stopped me to admire it and an elderly man called out across the street, "nice find!"

When I got home I carried it back to where Ray has been diligently converting my old sewing room into a place for him to hang out and play music/guest room. It looks perfect with the green wall he painted and the new fake wood floor. How often the universe seems to provide just the thing I didn't even know I needed.



5 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:04 AM

    Gorgeous! The rug has found an excellent home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica G9:35 AM

    I love a great garage sale find! I have bought a few rugs from garage sales. Your "new" rug does look great with the wood floor and the green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way the greens match! And of course, red with red being green's compliment, it was meant to be. :-)

    ReplyDelete