Sunday, May 10, 2015

Wyoming - Day 4 of our American adventure

Our time at the cabin was short, but sweet. It really is one of my favorite places in the world, filled with so many good memories. It was snowing and cold when we got up this morning. It was good to be inside with a big fire and a warm breakfast. I helped my sister-in-law in doing some repair work to the cabin scrapbook my mother started more than 60 years ago. It was fun going through and seeing all those photos of the building of the cabin and several generations of my family and our friends and so many good times. These photos were taken the first time. I brought Ray to the cabin.

After lunch we packed up and headed for Wyoming, passing the Tetons and climbing up the mountains into a pretty wintery snow scene and over the Continental Divide at Tagwotee Pass.

Then down the other side and through the Wind River Indian Reservation. I have always thought of Wyoming as rather dry and desolate, but today's drive was through wonderful landscapes of forests, meadows, mesas, cliffs and mountains, abundant with wildlife. We saw elk and buffaloe and deer and many antelope.

 

Cattle and horses also roamed the land and at times I saw antelopes in amongst the cattle. Such interesting forms in these mountains at the edges of the Wind River Range.

Tonight we are in Lander, Wyoming. We have a little exploration to do around here tomorrow and then we are headed toward Cheyenne.

 

3 comments:

  1. Your post brought back many good memories. My grandparents had a log cabin in the Adirondacks and we spent time there as children. Unfortunately the cabin went out of the family when my grandfather knowing his time was nearing sold it. I loved reading by the field stone fireplace as rain pattered on the metal roof. Enjoy your cabin retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pics. Love the cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terry, thanks so much for sharing your American adventure with those of us who are unlikely to take such a trip. Great descriptions and photos.

    ReplyDelete